EPY: 401K not Calculating the ER Portion Based on Negative Earnings on Paycheck
(Doc ID 2654989.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With a manual STD retro pay entry, PeopleSoft automatically recalculates and reverses 401K employee contributions but does not reverse employer match.
The employer contributions for 401K should also reverse as well.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure that earning code 'REG' is tied to the Special Accumulator for 401K
2. Ensure that earning code 'STD' is NOT tied to the Special Accumulator for 401K
3. Enroll the employee into the 401K and enter a percent for the before tax
4. Run an on-cycle payroll where you enter REG amounts and STD amounts.
5. Verify that both the employee and employer cost gets calculated.
6. Run the confirm
7. Create an online check and enter negative amount for REG and a higher amount for STD.
8. Save and calculate and the employee negative portion is calculated and not the employer cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document