E-PRCS: Mutually Exclusive Process remains BLOCKED when Process Scheduler is Bounced
(Doc ID 2656358.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 to 8.56 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56 version, Process Scheduler
Mutually Exclusive Process remains BLOCKED when Process Scheduler is Bounced
Once a process completes the dependent process from which the Mutually Exclusive option was enabled should progress on to "Processing" run status even after the Process Scheduler is restarted.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Navigation : Main Menu > PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Processes
2. Define a Mutually Exclusive process
3. Run process A
4. From PSAdmin Process Scheduler menu shutdown Process Scheduler server
5. From PSAdmin Process Scheduler menu boot Process Scheduler server
6. Navigation : Main Menu > PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor
7. Note that process B which was defined as a Mutually Exclusive process for process A remains in BLOCKED run status
8. This should not be so. Process B should ideally go to Processing run status
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, some process requests remain in "Blocked" run status and this status does not change
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document