Track Progress Buttons Appear On Canceled Document For Employee And Manager Via Historical Documents and Document May Be Progressed After Canceling
(Doc ID 2659859.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM ePerformance - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a document is updated during Track Progress by employee or manager, and the document is canceled while in Track Progress, the employee and manager Track Progress buttons still appear on the document and are functional when the canceled document is accessed through Historical Documents; functional meaning the employee and manager can still work through all of Track Progress steps/sub-steps while the document is in canceled status.
Employee buttons that are appearing:
Checkpoint - Share with Manager
Checkpoint - Stop Sharing (after Share with Manager selected)
Finalize Criteria - Share with Manager
Finalize Criteria - Stop Sharing (after Share with Manager selected)
Manager buttons that are appearing:
Checkpoint - Update and Share: Share with Employee
Checkpoint - Update and Share: Skip Checkpoint
Checkpoint - Review with Employee: Complete Checkpoint
Checkpoint - Review with Employee: Stop Sharing
Checkpoint - Review with Employee: Skip Checkpoint
Finalize Criteria: Complete
Finalize Criteria: Share with Employee
Finalize Criteria: Stop Sharing (after Share with Employee selected)
Further, the employee and manager comment text boxes are editable in this scenario. Though the Save button is not appearing, updated comments are still saved if any of the available buttons are selected.
The expected result when viewing a canceled document via Historical Documents is that the document cannot be updated at all, no matter when the document was canceled; no functioning task buttons appear, no editable comment boxes.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define Criteria approved
2. Manager adds comment and saves at Checkpoint 1 – Update and Share
3. Manager cancels document
4. Manager enters canceled documents through Historical Documents; Checkpoint 1 Update and Share buttons appear, and comments are editable
5. Manager able to update comment and select Share with Employee button; receives confirmation pop-up and confirms
6. Checkpoint 1 Review with Employee buttons appear; Audit History Last Modified By is updated with a date stamp that is after the Cancel
7. Manager able to complete checkpoint
8. Document progressed to Finalize Criteria step with task buttons appearing, despite the document status still being Canceled
Due to this issue, users cannot rely on the status of the ePerformance document
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document