EMM: Preventive Maintenance Creates Work Order With Blank WO ID
(Doc ID 2660827.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Maintenance Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Preventive Maintenance Process is creating Work Orders with blank Work Order IDs. This occurs when a Work Order is created with the next Work Order ID in the auto numbering sequence entered manually. In this case, the WO Last Number is not updated with the entered Work Order ID which equals the WO Last Number +1.
The expectation is that if the next Work Order ID in the auto numbering sequence is entered manually, the value should be posted to the WO Last Number as it is when the auto numbering function increments the existing last WO ID so that when the Preventive Maintenance process generates a new PM Work Order, the manually entered value is incremented.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Review the max WO (WO Last Number) on the BU.
2. Create a WO by entering the WO manually at add WO page. Make sure WO ID is max WO ID on the BU +1.
3. Select any PM Schedule which is eligible to create the WO (in the same BU) and Run the Preventive Maintenance Process.
4. Process log indicates that 1 WO is created.
5. Review the WO ID on the Preventive Maintenance Inquiry. It is blank.
6. Review the WO ID in the WM_WO_HDR table. It is blank.
The Replication Steps can be reviewed here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document