EGL9.2: New Run Control Data is Saved in PS_KK_CLOSE_REQST But Not Saved in PS_KK_CLOSE_STATUS Which Leads to "ORA-00001: unique constraint" Error Upon Running Budget Close Run Control Validation Process
(Doc ID 2663096.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new run control is created similar to an existing KK close run control(which was used in previous budget period) with few changes [e.g.adding another Business unit for a closing set/Request], data is saved in KK_CLOSE_REQST but Not saved in KK_CLOSE_STATUS. Instead some erroneous run control entries get saved in KK_CLOSE_STATUS.
When Budget close run control validation process SQR is run for the new run control, it fails with: SQL Error number ORA-00001: unique constraint.
Similar issues seen when existing request in run control is modified to include another business unit.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Set up several Business units , enter budget date, consume budget data partially/fully for a couple of budget periods(years)
2. Close the first budget period/year by putting these business units to different run controls.
3. For next period/year enter budget data for any BU with chartfields covered by another closing set that was closed last year
4. Modify closing set to point to next budget period
5. Create a new run control similar to existing 1 for the BU to which changes made in step 3. Check data in KK_CLOSE_REQST and KK_CLOSE_STATUS.
6. Run budget close run control validation for new run control.
7. If step 5 went to error then try modifying the existing run control to add the businessunit into a request with the closing set. Modify as of date.
8. Run budget close run control validation for modified run control
Please refer to replication document for complete details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document