E-508: Grid Column Headers Are Not Announced by the Assistive Technology
(Doc ID 2663866.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Column headers are not being read on the various grids within the PeopleSoft application.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps (Please note, this is just an example. This applies to any Classic/Classic Plus grid that has Add/Delete row):
1. Login with "Enable Screen Reader Mode" turned on
2. Set "Screen Reader Mode on" from My Preferences.
2. Navigate to Main Menu > PeopleTools > Security > Permission Roles > Permission Lists
3. Select "Web Services" Tab
4. Perform 508 Testing. Click Tab through out the page.
5. The "Add Row" and "Delete Row" grid column headers are not read.
Another use case that was reported is:
[Use case from an HRMS page]
1. In accessibility mode, navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person.
2. In the Biographical Details page, there is a grid - National ID. Tab through the rows of data in that grid.
Note that the column headers are not announced by the reader. The relationship between the data being read and the respective columns in the grid are not understood by the assistive technology.
For the data rows in the Grid, all that the assistive technology is able to discern is that there is a checkbox object, or that there is a value in the field; there is no context about what the checkbox relates to, or what the field value is for.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document