EGL: Chartfield Configuration By Project Process Updates LASTUPDDTTM and LASTUPDOPRID of Page(s) Inside PUM Project Even Though Page Has No Chartfield Grid
(Doc ID 2667136.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 to 8.58 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Chartfield Configuration By Project Process updates LASTUPDDTTM and LASTUPDOPRID of page inside the project even though there is no chartfields in that page.
From BulkOps.Log file it can be verified that such pages are being processed by BulkModifyPageFieldOrder function. No changes done on that page by the BulkModifyPageFieldOrder function, but the page still would be listed as: *Changed for all future application updates.
WM_WO_ACT page. This is a delivered page and no changes done by Chartfield configuration process to this page but the page properties would still be modified to reflect LASTUPDDTTM and LASTUPDOPRID wrt the datetime & oprid of CF configuration process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Pick a target environment where at least 1 custom chartfield added using chartfield configuration.
2. Create a change package in PUM environment to apply few bugs to that target environment chosen in step 1.
3. Apply change package using change assistant.
4. On Change Assistant step: 'Review Chartfield configuration', run Chartfield configuration by Project process & select project created by PUM in step 2.
5. After CF config by project process is completed check the BuklOps.Log file. Check if there are pages which do not have any chartfield can be found as processed.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document