EPY: Employee Who No Longer Works In MA Getting MA PFML Tax Refund After Tax Update 19-D
(Doc ID 2667791.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an employee who no longer works in "MA" but is getting a refund after applying Tax Update 19-D.
The employee worked in MA until October 7, 2019. For pay end date 09/28/2019 - check date 10/04/2019, the employee worked in MA and correctly had PFML taken.
In the next pay period, the employee was now working in RI and did not have MA PFML taken.
After implementing Tax Updates 19-D, the employee is now having MA PFML refunded even though they are working in RI and still have a MA PFML taxable gross.
There should not be any refund of taxes to the employee who was in "MA" that still has taxable gross in the employee balance record.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. State Tax Data the employee was in "MA" as the UI Jurisdiction and subject to "MLI an FLI"
2. Run a pay period that has a check date of 10/04/2019 with an Pay End Date of 09/28/2019
3. Verify that the MLI and FLI for "MA" has been calculated
4. Insert a row on the Employee Tax Data effective 10/07/2019 and change the State to "RI" that he works and lives in that State
5. Run a couple of pay periods that shows that the taxes are only being taken for "RI"
6. Apply Tax Update 19-C and 19-D
7. Run the next pay period and the system is refunding the "MA" FLI/MLI from the balance that was processed in October correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document