EPY: Washington State PFML Defaulting as Not Applicable
(Doc ID 2673413.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Washington PFML is defaulting to 'Not Applicable' instead of 'Subject' when an employee starts working in Washington.
With the current setup for the customer, where the Company State Tax Table has MLI and FLI set to Subject, the expectation is that the Employee's State Tax MLI and FLI will default to "Subject".
This is consistent with other states who have MLI and FLI.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set Up HCM, Product Related, Payroll for North America, Federal/State Taxes, Company State Tax Table,
2. Choose the Second tab "VDI/FLI"
3. Go to State Family Leave Insurance and choose "Subject" for FLI
4. Go to State Medical Leave Insurance and choose "Subject" for MLI
6. Navigate to: Home, Payroll for North America, Employee Pay Data USA, Tax Information, Update Employee Tax Data and enter the Employee's Empl Id in the search criteria.
7. Choose + to add a new row and enter the appropriate Effective date
8. Choose the Second tab "State Tax Data"
9. Update the State to "WA"
10. Note that the MLI and FLI remain as Not Applicable rather than updating to "Subject" by default.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document