EPY: AP_STATUS Remains "X" In PAY_DEDUCTION Table After PYAP_VCHPOST Successfully Completes
(Doc ID 2674080.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AP_STATUS remains "X" in PAY_DEDUCTION table after PYAP_VCHPOST successfully completes
The issue is with running garnishment transactions to AP. The field AP_STATUS is on both Pay_deduction and on PAY_GARNISH.
There are the following 2 steps to this process:
1. PYAP_XDEDNCA - extracts non-tax deductions - in our case we only have garnishments to extract
2. PYAP_VCHPOST process posts these extracted deductions to AP for Voucher Build
The process work perfectly the first time, but when we ran the next pay period, nothing was extracted.
The previous batch, the AP_STATUS does not get updated on the PAY_DEDUCTION table it only updates the PAY_GARNISH table. Both need to be set to "S" (send) in order for the extract process to select the data.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Enroll employees into garnishment processing
2. Run and confirm a payroll that includes the garnishment processing deductions
3. Run AP Extract
4. Run Voucher Post
5. Run the next pay period and run the AP Extract that does not produce any extracted records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document