E-PG: "Generic Error While Executing The Query Datasource" Error in Pivot Grid When Using Empty Number Field Prompt
(Doc ID 2674505.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Empty number field prompt in Pivot Grid returns error message when opening the Grid from the Display Options.
Note: The error message is received when opening the pivot grid with empty prompt in Chart Only Display Options.
When the setting for the Default View in the Pivot Grid Wizard is set to Pivot Grid Only or Pivot Grid and Chart, the error does not occur.
The issue can be replicated using the below steps:
1. Log into PIA.
2. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager.
3. Open or create a query with an Optional prompt.
4. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Pivot Grid > Pivot Grid Wizard and select a pivot grid created based on that query.
5. In step 3 select Visible Prompt for that specific prompt.
6. Go to Reporting Tools > Pivot Grid > Pivot Grid Viewer and select pivot grid.
The Pivot Grid will show with the Prompt.
7. Click on the "Options" button and select "View Grid".
The Grid will show.
8. Remove the value in the Prompt field and click Search.
The Pivot Grid model will refresh.
9. Click "Apply" button.
10. Click on the "Options button" and select "View Grid".
11. The error will occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document