When ePerformance Notifications Are Sent Using Notification Template EP_APPR_SUBMIT, the Resulting Email Contains the Email Address Of the Application Server 'SMTPSender' In the 'From' Field Rather Than the Sending Manager
(Doc ID 2675968.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM ePerformance - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Manager sends a notification for an ePerformance Document using the Notification Template EP_APPR_SUBMIT,
the resulting email contains the SMTPSender address in the 'From' field, rather than the Manager's email address, as defined under Personal Info.
Its expected that the Manager's email address will be in the 'From' field.
The SMTPSender address is configured in the PSAPPSRV.CFG config file.
It is being used incorrectly, rather than the sending User's configured email address.
By contrast, the AdHoc Notify email, also within the ePerformance Document, works as expected.
The AdHoc Notify puts the sending User's email address in the 'From' field.
The behavior may be replicated at will with the following steps:
1. Login as user PeopleSoft Admin
2. Go to Workforce Admin > Personal Info > Biographical > Modify a Person > update emails as Primary:
Sender Manager USER1 as EMAILADDRESS1
Receiver Employee USER2 as EMAILADDRESS2
3. Go to PT > Security > User Profile > update emails as same
4. Login as Manager USER1
5. Go to My Team > Employee USER2 > Related Actions > Performance > Create Performance Document > Annual Review + Annual with Mid-Period.
6. Open the review from Current Docs
7. Click Define Criteria > Update and Approve > click the Notify
8. Click Approve > Confirm
9. Look for emails received by Employee USER2
10. Found that in the email 'From' field is the address for: SMTPSender=SMTP-User_US@<server>
11. As user PS, Go to PT > Workflow > Notifications > Generic Templates > EP_APPR_SUBMIT > Confirm Sender is default Manager UserID
12. By contrast, the AdHoc Notify email works as expected with the Sending User's Email address in the From field: Manager USER1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document