Fluid Shopping Cart Accessibility - Columns That Aren't Visible are Announced by Screen Readers
(Doc ID 2677437.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Self Service - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Campus Solutions 9.2 as of PUM 17, the Class Details page (SSR_CLSDTL_LF_SCF) contains a grid with five columns.
- Instruction Mode
There are also two unusued columns which are not visible to users. They are labelled 'Column 6' and 'Column 7'.
When a user with screen reader software enabled (such as NVDA) navigates to this page, the screen reader software lists off all seven columns instead of only the five that are actually visible.
that are visible and relevant.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enable screen reader software.
- Log in to the environment as a student with Screen Reader Mode enabled.
- Navigate to Manage Classes > Shopping Cart
- Click on the link for any class that exists in the shopping cart to bring up the Class Information modal window.
- Switch to the Class Details tab (SSR_CLSDTL_LF_SCF)
- Listen to the screen reader description of this page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document