EAM: Partial Asset RET Pennies Diff for Retire/Reinstate and Disposal Worksheet
(Doc ID 2678139.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing partial asset retirements, the retirement and period depreciation results show pennies differences between the Disposal Worksheet and the Retire/Reinstate Asset Component.
It is expected that the retirement amounts would be calculated the same for partial retirements entered from the Retire/Reinstate Asset Component and the Asset Disposal Worksheet.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 identical assets via the Express or Basic ADD component..
2. Depreciate both assets.
3. Partially retire 1 asset via the Retire/Reinstate Asset Component.
4. Partially retire the second asset for the same amount and the same trans and accounting dates on the Disposal Worksheet.
5. Load the RET transaction for the second asset into AM via AMIF1000.
6. Depreciate the RET transactions for both assets.
7. Compare the calculations for the retirement amounts and depreciation going forward for both assets. Note that the results are pennies off.
See Replication Steps here.
See Replication Data here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document