EGL9.2: Allocation Process Skips Journal IDs and Leads to "The maximum Journal ID of XXXXXX9999 has already been assigned. (5810,109)" Error, If Output Options Tab Has Set up to Create Reversals
(Doc ID 2680687.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation process skips journal IDs if output options tab has set up to create reversals.
By how many numbers it would be skipped depends upon the Accounting period in which allocation process in run e.g.
For period 1, it would skip by 100 where as for period 12 skips by 1200.
This skipping of journal eventually leads to following error:
The maximum Journal ID of XXXXXX9999 has already been assigned. (5810,109)
Steps to Replicate:
1. Create 1 allocation step with Reversal option set to 'Do No Generate Reversals'
2. Create another allocation step with Reversal option set to 'Next Day'
3. Include both steps in an allocation process group.
4. Create some pool data and run the allocation process for a specific Business Unit.
5. After Process finished check JRNL_HEADER data to query journals with specific journal ID mask as set up in allocation steps.
Please see replication screenshots for more details on Journal ID skip issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document