When "Force Update For Title Change" Field is Unchecked in Position Record, No New Row With Title Change Is Expected to Be Inserted Into Job Data.
(Doc ID 2684795.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer used Reason of "TTL" and the "Force Update for Title Change" field unchecked in Position Data and Title is changed in Position Data. This title change information is inserted into Job Data.
"Force Update for Title change" field is not working as stated in Peoplebooks link as shown below-
PeopleBooks link states as follows-
Force Update for Title Change:
Select to make position title changes trigger the update incumbent process. If this check box is selected when you create
a new position data row with a reason of TTL (Title Change) and a change to the data in the Titlefield, then the system creates a
corresponding row in the incumbents’ Job Data records. The new job data row has the action code Position Change and the
Action Reason Title Change.
Note that the job title is not actually stored on the job record.
The job title that appears next to the Position Number field on the Work Location page is pulled from the position data record
based on the effective date of the job data row. So if the Force Update for Title Change check box is not selected and no new
job data row is created, the title shown on the job data row is based on the previous effective dated row.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Workforce Administration>Job Information>Job Data>Select a terminated employee Effective date: E1
2. Note employee's position number from Job data
3. Go to Organizational Development>Maintain Position Data>Add/Update Position> Select Position number of employee
4. Add a new row with effective date: E2 (where E2 < E1)
5. Make changes to title with reason TTL
6. Uncheck "Force Update for Title Change" in Position and save.
7. Update incumbents flag is checked.
8.In Job data of employee, a new row is inserted with effdt-E2 and action Position change.
9. This is incorrect as per Peoplebooks. Field is not working as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document