EGL9.2:Summary Ledger Gives Additional Log Messages
(Doc ID 2689027.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When posting journal entry and using the incremental functional ie posting a journal entry via journal post and ensuring the Skip Summary Ledger Update is not checked, the message log seems to always show period for the summary ledger that not posting into.
Steps to replicate:
1) Build Summary Ledger
2) Run GL_YC for fiscal year 2019 and BU US001. This step is to create entry
in GL_INCR_STATUS record for US001, 2019 having Date Time Stamp value smaller
than the DateTimeStamp values of the Summary ledger Incremental processing
which is run in the below steps. Such an entry could be the key in
replicating this issue
3) Create Journal for period 1 and edit journal
4) Uncheck skip summary ledger update and Post journal
5) Message log says Period 1 for S_ACCTS processed
6) Create Journal for period 2 and edit
7) Post Journal
8) Message log says Period 1 & 2 processed for S_ACCTS which is not correct.
Period 1 already processed earlier. Only Period2 is pending to be processed
and hence message log should be only for 2019 Period2 for S_ACCTS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document