Notification Registry > Enable Custom Action Class Not Used In Generating Alerts
(Doc ID 2690369.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When implementing Alerts from the Notification Framework, the configuration defined in 'Enable Custom Action' in the Notification Registry is not used. Instead the EOEN_ALERTS app package code delivered in the sample alerts is still used.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- In Application Designer, open application package EOEN_ALERT > Save as TST_EOEN_ALERTS, and include PeopleCode
- Open Application Class CustomEmail, locate method: BuildEmailText > Comment out TAGs 3-5 to change email format
- In PIA, Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Notifications Framework > Notifications Registry
- Add new Process Name: TST_EOEN_ALERTS and Process Category: CUSTOMEMAIL and Enable Custom Action, and enter new Application Class
- Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager > Create new query to return the User ID for an Employee
- Save new query, TST_OPRID, with Query Type: User and Owner: Public
- Navigation: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Message Catalog > Create new message catalog entry
- Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Notification Framework > Notifications System Overrides
- Create new notification override for Process Name: TST_EOEN_ALERTS and Process Category: CUSTOMEMAIL
- Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Alerts > Alert Definition > Create new alert definition using Query Name: TST_OPRID Process Name: TST_EOEN_ALERTS and Process Category: CUSTOMEMAIL
- Use new Catalog Entry to define the Email Subject and Message Details
- Use HC_SOCIAL_MEDIA_TYPE_GBL to select Page: SOCIAL_MEDIA_TYPE so an alert is generated when a new Social Media Type is added.
- Navigation: Set Up HCM > Foundation Tables > Personal > Social Media Type > Add new Social Media Type: Facebook
- Navigation: Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications > Alerts > Run Alerts > Check Email tied to the Employee
- Note email format matches delivered format from the delivered application class EOEN_ALERTS:CustomEmail and not using the application package/class defined in the setup
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document