When Registering New Supplier User System Is Checking For Duplication For The User ID Only If It Is Upper Case But Not Checking If It Is Mixed Upper And Lower And Getting Error Message When Approving The Duplicate User
(Doc ID 2692044.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When registering a new supplier user from the supplier portal system is checking for duplication for the user ID only if it is Upper case but not checking if it is mixed upper and lower, and when submitting the duplicate User id for approval and then adding manually another supplier user , then getting error message when trying to approve the originally pending user id.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sign in to Supplier portal
- Register a new Supplier user
- Enter a duplicate User id all in Upper case
- System will not accept it and inform that this user id is Duplicate.
- Now enter the same User id but with mixed Upper and lower case.
- System will now accept it and submit it for approval.
- While having this supplier user id in pending status , go to Maintain Supplier Information > User profile and add a new user id.
- Make sure that this User id is the same exact id as the one that still pending.
- Now login as approver and try to approve the pending supplier user.
- Getting error message.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document