EPY: Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave - Over Maximum Gross Wages
(Doc ID 2694033.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) tax classes are accumulating Taxable Gross Wages over the 2020 maximum Gross wages of $137,700 for Taxes MLI/ER, MLI/EE & FLI/ER.
FLI/EE stops accumulating Taxable Gross Wages at the limit and works correctly.
All Massachusetts PFML taxes stop withholding taxes at the 2020 maximum gross wage limit of $137,700 which is also correct.
This only occurs for employees who are set as exempt from SUT.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Select an employee with Massachusetts 2020 YTD Gross Wages under $137,700.
2. Make sure that the employee is set up as SUT Exempt = Yes.
3. Pay earnings for the employee on a paysheet that forces the wages over the 2020 YTD Maximum Gross of $137,700.
4. Calculate and confirm the paysheet.
5. When reviewing the Tax Balance records for the employee, 2020 YTD TaxGrs is $137,700 for Tax Classes 2, 3 & 4.
6. Create next check for employee with taxable wages subject to MA PFML.
7. Calculate and confirm the paysheet.
8. Review Calculated check and Tax Balance Records.
9. 2020 YTD TaxGrs is over $137,700 for Tax Classes 2, 3 & 4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document