EBI: Bill Line Entry Event Default Is Not Populating On All Lines When The Subsequent Lines Are Added Separately to An Already Created Bill By Interface Run
(Doc ID 2694227.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Bill Line Entry Event Default is not populating on all lines
The following scenario will result in not all lines on a bill to contain the default Entry Event as set on the header causing bills to be completed without correct entry events.
Scenario Assumptions -
1. Bill By ID set to group transactions on both interfaced billing process runs. Bill by ID requires default status selected to also have 'Add to bills with status' selected for the same default status.
2. Installation Options > Entry Event > Billing is set to Optional
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Insert transactions into the INTFC_BI table (source of transactions does not matter)
2. Run Interface to create a bill (default to New per Bill By ID)
3. Insert additional transactions into INTFC_BI (matching fields defined in Bill by ID to initial transactions to trigger grouping of like transactions)
4. Run Interface - 0 new header will be created and additional lines will be added to initial bill.
5. Navigate to Standard Billing page and open up the new bill created
6. Check line entry event fields. Entry events on lines inserted in step 3 will be blank, lines from step 1 will have default Entry Event from header.
7. Save page, no message of missing entry event will be displayed because Installation Options is set to optional.
Please see the replication document attached for details.
NOTE: In the images or examples below and/or the attached document, user details / company name / address / email / telephone number represent a fictitious sample (based upon made up data used in the Oracle Demo Vision instance). Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and not intended in any manner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document