EAM9.2:Create New Lease Asset Type DropDown List Displays Invalid Value When ASSET_TYPE Translate Values are Modified
(Doc ID 2695993.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to inactivate Asset Type Translate Values, Asset Type drop down list display either unchanged or with invalid values.
A - Using Application Designer, when adding effective dated row to set an Asset Type to inactive.
Logging in the Create a New Lease and accessing the Asset Type drop down list, it still shows all the Asset Type values.
B - Navigating to PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Translate Values to inactivate a translate value, it resulted 'invalid value' in the field drop down list.
Steps to replicate:
A: Translate Values accessed via Application Designer:
1. Create a new lease with Commencement, Termination and Lease Signed date of 01/01/2020.
2. Click Add Equipment and Go.
3. Check the Asset Type dropdown list, it showed all translate values available.
4. In Application Designer, Field Name = ASSET_TYPE Translate Values are listed as seen in the pagehot
Highlight one value (ex: ARO), and click Change button.
5. Enter an Effective Date of 08/01/2020 as to when the value will be inactivated.
6. Create a new lease with Commencement, Termination and Lease Signed date of 01/01/2020. Then, click Add Equipment and Go.
The same values in the Asset Type drop down list showed up.
7. Create a new lease with Commencement, Termination and Lease Signed date of 08/05/2020. Then, click Add Equipment and Go.
Note that Asset Type ARO is supposed to be inactive by 08/01/2020.
Still, same values in the Asset Type drop down list showed up.
B: When Translate Values are accessed via PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Translate Values, it is not working as expected too and acting up weird.
1. Add another effective dated row for Translate Value = ARO and save. Asset Type dropdown list does not show all the values at all, including Invalid Value.
2. Removing the Active row and leaving the Inactive row and save, the result is the same.
See replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document