E-PIA: Home Icon On Fluid Banner Functions Differently For Classic Vs. Fluid Page
(Doc ID 2695994.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 to 8.58 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Home icon on fluid banner functions differently for classic vs. fluid page
When user creates a new homepage and and adds a navigation collection or fluid page like tile wizard and accesses it, clicking the home button, user is taken back to the first homepage instead of the last accessed fluid homepage.
If a classic component is added to the new homepage and accessed, the home button returns the user back to new homepage as expected.
The behavior for home is not consistent between fluid and classic components.
Happens in all Tools version from 8.55 onwards.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in as PS
- Open a Classic page, i.e. the User profile page (PeopleTools > Security > User profile > User profile)
- Then click on the action and select Add to homepage
- Create a new homepage and click Add
- Click OK
- Open a Fluid page, or Activity Guide page, PeopleTools > Portal > Tile Wizard
- Add to the same homepage
- Click Home, the system brings the user back to the first homepage
- Click the dropdown and select TN new homepage
- Click User Profiles tile
- Click Home, brings the user back to TN New homepage
However when click on Tile Wizard tile, the system brings the user back to the very first homepage which is The Manager Self Service homepage User is brought back to different homepages when clicking between tiles.
This is inconsistent and cause confusion to the users.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document