SQL error in Exec. (2,280) Error When Approving Name Change And Address Change AWE
(Doc ID 2696549.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error when approving Name Change and Address Change if done immediately after approving Marital Stat Change. Steps to replicate provided in attachment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on Approval for Name Change and Address Change
Navigation: Set Up HCM, Common Definitions, Self-Service, Workflow Configurations, Workflow Configurations
2. Identify any existing employee for testing. I picked employee XXXXXX and note the employee’s Name, Address and Marital status.
3. Log in as XXXXXX and submit Name Change, Address Change and Marital Status
Change.Navigation: Self Service>Personal Information > Personal Information Summary
i. Click Name Change button
Enter the new name XXX3 XXX3. Click Okay. Click Submit. Submit confirmation shown.
ii. Click Change Home/Mailing Addresses button to do an address change.
Change the home address as shown below and click save button. Submit confirmation is shown.
iii. Click Change Marital Status button to do a marital status change as shown below. In Life Event Review the change and click submit button.
4. Log in as Approver YYYYYY and click Approvals tile.
5. Approve the Marital Status Change first.
6. Click Approve button, enter comment and hit submit button. The user will be redirected to Pending Approvals page and the approved item will disappear from the list.
7. Click Name Change. It is important not to log out of the user session or open a different component. The approver should do the Name change and Address change immediately after Marital status change.
Click Approve button. Enter comments and hit submit.
Error is shown below which does not allow the approve the approve the name change.
8. Click Address Change
9. Above error is shown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document