EEX9.2: Time Sheets Submitted with Zero Hours on a Line Result in a Fatal PeopleCode SQL error
(Doc ID 2696736.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue: When Creating or using 'Copy from an Existing Time Report' and the time reports have line/s with zero hours then upon submitting the time report one will encounter Fatal PeopleCode SQL error.
1) Create a time report that has zero hours on one of the rows
2) Submit the time report
A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system for log for details.
followed withSQL error in Exec. (2,280) TE_TIME_ENTRY2.GBL.savePreChange PCPC:17895 Statement: 182
Replication Steps for Copying from Existing Time Report:
1) Create a time report selecting Copy From an Existing Time Report link. (make sure the report you are copying from has multiple lines 2 lines is sufficient)
2) Do NOT enter hours in the first row of the new report, enter hours in the other row/s.
3) Submit the report
Encounter the same SQL error as noted above in replication step one.
1) Delete the lines on the report that have zero hours before submitting the time report, or;
2) If submit has been selected then upon clicking the final OK message one is taken back to the Submit page.
At this point delete the zero-hours line/s and then re-submit the time report.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document