New Plans Added to a Benefit Program for Open Enrollment That Have Cross Plan Validation Are Not Grayed Out on Self Service Election Page Based on Election of Controlling Plan
(Doc ID 2697729.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Benefits Administration - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cross plan validation was set up on all plans in one Plan Type for Open Enrollment, with specific plan cross plan dependencies (that is, Plan 1 in this Plan Type to Plan 1 in the controlling Plan Type, Plan 2 in this Plan Type to Plan 2 in the controlling Plan Type, and so on). A new effective-dated Benefit Program was created for the next year's Open Enrollment and new plans were added to the dependent Plan Type with similar cross plan dependencies as the original plans.
If an employee elects a Plan in the controlling Plan Type, instead of cross plan validation allowing selection of only Waive and the corresponding plan of the dependent Plan Type, Waive, that corresponding plan plus any other new plans added are available. For example, if there were 4 original plans and 2 more were added, when the employee selects Plan 3 of the controlling Plan Type, the employee will be allowed to elect Waive, Plan 3 (original), Plan 5 (new) or Plan 6 (new) in the dependent Plan Type.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Configure plans in one Plan Type to be dependent on specific plans in another Plan Type (Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Base Benefits > Program Structure > Benefit Program Table).
2. Clone the Benefit Program to a new effective-dated row of the Program for the next Open Enrollment (Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Base Benefits > Benefit Clone Utility).5.
3. Add new plans to the dependent Plan type with cross plan validation (Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Base Benefits > Benefit Clone Utility).
4. Create new Open Enrollment Events (Navigation: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > Run Automated Event Processing).
5. Employee selects the Open Enrollment tile (Navigation: Employee Self Service homepage > Open Enrollment tile).
6. Employee proceeds through the Open Enrollment Activity Guide to Benefits Enrollment.
7. Employee select the tile for the controlling Plan Type, makes an election, and clicks Done.
8. Employee selects the tile for the dependent Plan Type.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document