E-IB: Getting "Number field format error. This field accepts signed number. Format: Up to 18 digit(s)" Error Regardless of the Field Length/Decimal Length Set for a Decimal Primitive Field When Using a Document Object
(Doc ID 2701963.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Document Tester, the length for a decimal primitive is limited to 18.3. When using higher values for the length and decimal length, the operation ends with the following error:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into PIA, and navigate to PeopleTools > Documents > Document Builder.
2. Open a document, and add a new decimal primitive having the following criteria:
Decimal Length: 6
Min Inclusive: 0
Max inclusive: 1
3. Navigate to PeopleTools > Documents > Documents Utilities > Document Tester.
4. Open the previous document, and set the value for the new decimal primitive to 0.12345 or similar.
5. Click on Save, and the error above occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document