E-SEC: Not Showing Correct Invalid Sign On Timing Error Message
(Doc ID 2702156.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to validate the signon timing message functionality but it is showing "Your User ID and/or Password are invalid." error message instead of "Invalid Signon Time For User XXX" error message.
This issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a user - OH_Signon
2. Create Permission list - OH_Signon as copy of PTPT1000
3. Go to Sign-on Times Tab and make Start and end time to Zero for Today, save the Permission list
4. Create a Role - OH_Signon as copy of Peoplesoft user and Assign OH_Signon Permission list. Remove default PTPT1000 Permission list.
5. Login with new use - OH_Signon
6. Error message - "Your user ID and/or Password are invalid" instead of "Invalid Signon Time For User XXX".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document