EGL9.2: Alert Definition - Not Able to Retireve UserID From More Than One Query Record
(Doc ID 2703469.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Creating an Alert from a query with a join, where the e-mail address for the Alert is retrieved via one of the two userid's in the query results. However the Alert Definition requires the Source Field which only allows one record / field not two. Is there a way to get this working without having to create two separate Alert Definitions, each with a slightly different query to retrieve the userid?
1.Using Query Manager, create -
- Query A for Alert of all not posted journals submitted to workflow but not worked by approver
- Query B for Alert of all not posted journals not yet submitted to workflow
2.Join Query A and Query B to produce all not posted journals both not worked by approver and not yet submitted to workflow
3.Define an Alert Definition using Query A or Query B above (Enterprise Components > Events & Notifications> Alerts > Alert Definition) including:
-Query Name - joined query above
-Process Name - EOEN_ALERT
-Process Category - CUSTOMEMAIL
Product - GL
Default Context Record [X] Context Record 'EOEN_AL_CTX'
-Recipients Source, set to User ID
- UserID Field 'EMAILID' - Source Field set to either 'record/field in Query A' or 'record/field in Query B'
4.Create Journal that meets query criteria
5.Run Alerts (Enterprise Components > Events & notifications > Alerts > Run Alerts) and receive an email as expected
- when UserID Field 'EMAILID' Source Field set to 'record/field in Query A' >> get submitted but not worked by approver
- when UserID Field 'EMAILID' Source Field set to 'record/field in Query B' >> get not yet submitted to workflow
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document