EGM: Grants > Awards > Process Facilities Admin (GM_GMFACS) Process Is Sending Revenue Offset Transactions for Grants Project To Commiment Control Even When the Associated Expense Transactions Have a Budget Error.
(Doc ID 2703998.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Process Facilities Admin
Grants > Awards > Process Facilities Admin (GM_GMFACS) Process is sending Revenue Offset transactions for Grants Project to commiment control even when the associated Expense transactions have a budget error.
1. Commitment control set up is turned on for Grants, GL and Project Costing in the installation options
2. The Business Unit EGV05 is associated with US001 GL BU
3. CC_PC_CHD, CC_PC_PAR, PCREV_CHD and PCREV_PAR are configured.
Ledger Group - Keys and Translations
CC_PC_CHD - Activity, PC BU, Project and Fund Code
CC_PC_PAR - Project and Fund Code
PCREV_CHD - Department, FundCode (Required) and Project (optional)
PCREV_PAR - Department, FundCode (Required) and Project (optional)
4. Ledger for a Unit is enabled to have commitment control with these ledger groups.
5. Create a Budget Journal with Department and Fund code populated with sufficient budget
6. Create a Proposal, do Facilities and Admin set up. Post a budget of 1000 direct. The indirect budget of $500 will be added as per FA rates
7. Submit the proposal and generate the award
8. Open Project Budget, populate the required chartfields. Adjust the FA Budget to $100 instead of $500 and finalize
9. Create a Expense transaction for $900 using Add transactions page. Populate the chartfields such that it creates Admin costs associated with the direct cost. Process the transaction
10. ACT ($900) and associated BIL ($900)rows gets created in PROJ_RESOURCE per rate set set up. KK also captures this expense
11. Run GM_GMFACS process
12. Notice that no rows are generated into PS_PROJ_RESOURCE
13. Using Grants > Awards > FA Error Interactive Report - Notice that the SFA row goes into an error state because of the insufficient budget. The SFA row amount is 50% of 900 which is $450 and this exceed the budget for FA costs of $100. This is correct
14. Review the expense budget in KK (Commitment Control > Review Budget Activities > Budget Overview) - Notice that no expense for the SFA row is captured. This is as expected because the SFA row is in error status
15. Review the revenue budget in KK (Commitment Control > Review Budget Activities > Budget Overview) - Notice that revenue collected and revenue recognized values show as $450 even when the associated costs are in error status.
Expectation: When the expense transaction pertaining to Facilities and Admin process goes to Error because of insufficient budget, the concerned revenue offset transaction should not be posted to commitment control
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document