E-PIA: Classic Scrollable Grid Layout On a Page And Attempting To Scroll The Grid With Either The Mouse Wheel OR Track Pad Is Extremely Slow With Numerous Browsers
(Doc ID 2704077.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the classic scrollable grid layout on a page and attempting to scroll the grid with either the mouse wheel or track pad, (not clicking and dragging the scroll bar) the scrolling is extremely slow when compared to scrolling elsewhere in the system. This was experienced on machines running windows 10 using the most up to date stable builds of chrome/firefox browser specifically. Mac users seemed to be unaffected by this issue, at least within the chrome browser. Also IE&Edge browsers are better compared to Chrome&Firefox.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Login to PIA
2) NavBar > Navigator > Peopletools > Portal > Branding > Assemble Themes
3) Open 'DEFAULT_THEME_FLUID'
4) Add around 20 rows under "Skin Style Sheets" and save. This will enable the scrollable grid.
5) Attempt to scroll the grid with either the mouse wheel or track pad, (not clicking and dragging the scroll bar)
6) Scrolling is extremely slow in Chrome and Firefox browsers, But better in IE&Edge Browsers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document