ELA9.2: Incorrect Lease Straightline Schedule When Performing Multiple Amendments to a Lease Having 13 Period Calendar for Asset and 12 Period Calendar for Payment Schedule
(Doc ID 2705958.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing multiple amendments to a Lease that has 13 period calendar for Asset and 12 period calendar for payment schedule , Straightline appears to be doubled for the periods that were amended.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Create a 13 period calendar for Asset Management processing.
2. Define the 13 period calendar to the AM Books on the Asset Management Business Unit component.
3. Define the 13 period calendar to the General Ledger Group Ledger assigned to the accounting entry generating book (from the AM BU) on the GL Ledgers for a Unit component.
4. Define the GL and AM BUs to the Lease Administration Business Unit component. This LA BU is using the 12 period payment schedule.
5. Create a Lease in LA.
6. Add an operating equipment or property asset to the Lease. The AM BU will default to the BU using the 13 period calendar year.
7. Add Base Rents, operating Expense, and Percent Rent as needed.
8. Save and Activate. Generate Straighline.
9. Run AM jobs: Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting Entries, and Run Depreciation Close.
10. Amend the Lease to change the termination date on the existing Base Rent, add a new Base Rent for a different amount for interim periods.
Add a second Base Rent to complete the term of the lease with the original amount. Update Percent Rent accordingly.
11. Save and Activate the Amendment. Generate Straighline.
12. Run AM jobs: Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting Entries, and Run Depreciation Close.
13. Amend the Lease a second time to restore the Base Rent to the original values. This requires that you delete the 2 Base Rents added in the prior amendment.
14. Save and Activate the Amendment. Generate Straighline.
15. Run AM jobs: Calculate Depreciation, Create Accounting entries, and Run Depreciation Close.
16. Review the straightline in LA. Note that amounts are approximately double the expected amount for the affected periods.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document