E-FLUID: Enabling The Companyinfo Banner Removes The Logo Created Using Theme Macro Set
(Doc ID 2707290.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checking the box to "Enable Company Banner Area" under companyInfo and adding in content for the banner will cause the company logo in the top-left corner of the home page to disappear.
This issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Add below two roles to the User
Secure Branding Administrator : To allow access to headers and footers .
Company Info Administrator : To have the companyInfo leave to show under the header.
1) Open the environment in App Designer
2) Create a new image of custom logo called "TEST_LOGO"
3) Go to Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > Theme Macro Set
4) Copy "PT_DEFAULT_MACROSET_857" AS "TEST_DEFAULT_MACROSET_857"
5) Within this new macro set, set both "PT_LOGO_IMAGE_NAME" and "PT_LOGO_IMAGE_NAME_SMALL" to "TEST_LOGO"
6) Go to Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > Assemble Themes
7) Copy "DEFAULT_THEME_FLUID" as "TEST_THEME_FLUID"
8) Updated the "Macro Set" to be "TEST_DEFAULT_MACROSET_857"
9) The "Homepage Header" on the "TEST_THEME_FLUID" theme is still set to "DEFAULT_HEADER_FLUID"
10) Login to PIA and see the "TEST_LOGO" in left corner of the Fluid Home page Header
11) Go to Menu > PeopleTools > Portal > Branding > Define Headers and Footers
12) Select "DEFAULT_HEADER_FLUID", Click CompanyInfo
13) Click Additional Options and select "Enable Company Banner Area"
14) Add a text under "Company Banner Content" and save
15) Return to the Home page and Banner text showing up but "TEST_LOGO" is missing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document