SUT_EXEMPT Is Not Being Updated When Using The Smart Hire Template
(Doc ID 2709368.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When hiring an employee using the Smart Hire Template, the SUT_EXEMPT field on the State_Tax_Data table is not being set correctly based on the value of the CO_STATETAX_TBL. The table CO_STATETAX_TBL is set up correctly and works fine when not using a smart hire template.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to Company State Tax Table for the Company GBI associated to the State Tax Location, verify that the Exempt from SUT box is checked, and save the change.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll of North America > Company State Tax Table
- Create a new Smart Template to use in hiring in employee; test the template and verify that the information is all there
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Smart Hire Template
- Select the Newly created Template from the Drop down
- Proceed to create a transaction to hire a New Employee and Complete all the information
- Save and Submit, once its completed it will show the New EMPLID
- Verify Tax Data has been added, and also check to see if the checkbox Exempt from SUT on the Employee State Tax Data table is checked.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Tax Information > Update Employee Tax Data > State Tax Data
- Note the Employee Tax Tables were created when using Smart Hire, to Hire Employee, however the check box for Exempt from SUT is not checked.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document