E-AE/FLO: After Running Through an Application Engine Program, the Leading Zero of a File Layout's Number Field is Removed (e.g. .0052 instead of 0.0052)
(Doc ID 2709970.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running a custom application engine program which uses a number field in a file layout object, the following is observed: If the value is less then 1 ( for example, 0.0052), the resulting number field's value is missing the leading zero (e.g. .0052).
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
1. Create a Table or View, and ensure that it contains a number field (for example, POSTED_TOTAL_AMT).
2. Fetch the value from the table above such that POSTED_TOTAL_AMT is greater than 0, but less then 1 (for example, 0.0052).
3. Create a FIXED type file layout with the necessary fields (for example, BUS_UNIT, LEADER, POSTED_TOTAL_AMT.
3. Create an Application Engine (AE) program, and drag and drop the file layout object into the AE's PeopleCode editor.
4. Run the AE to generate a text output file, and observe that the POSTED_TOTAL_AMT field is missing the leading zero.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document