AP: ExcelVoucher Build Error "The VAT process can't continue due to the difference between the calculated and entered VAT Amounts" When Supplier VAT Applicability is Set to 'Outside of Scope of VAT'
(Doc ID 2712807.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Voucher Build creates Vouchers From ExcelVoucherUpload in Recycle status with the below VAT error:
1. GST Defaults – Country:
- VAT Driver: VAT Country.
- Country: CAN.
- VAT Applicable: Taxable.
- VAT Code Defaults: CA8 for Zero Rated and CA1 for the rest.
2. VAT Entity Registration defaults:
- VAT Driver: VAT Entity Registration.
- VAT Reporting Entity: CANV01.
- Goods/Service Declaration: At delivery time.
- Calculate Gross.
- Natural Round.
- VAT Transaction Type defaults: CSTD.
3. Select a Supplier with VAT as Yes on supplier setup (CAN0000001):
- VAT Registration details are specified.
- VAT Default is “Outside of Scope of VAT”.
- Vendor Location Default is blank and not setup.
4. Upload an invoice using excel spreadsheet for this supplier with VAT Applicability not specified in the excel. Ensure VAT Amount is entered as 0 in the excel.
5. Execute Voucher Build.
6. Notice the voucher is created with VAT Error:
- VAT Applicability is "Taxable" but it should be "Outside of Scope" as per Supplier VAT Defaults.
- Vouchers are going into Recycle with the error: "Enter VAT amount - The VAT process can't continue due to the difference between the calculated and entered VAT Amounts".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document