EPC: Compress Project Data (PC_COMPRESS) Process Is Returning Incorrect Row Count When Multiple Run Control Requests Are Used
(Doc ID 2713921.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the compression (PC_COMPRESS) process is run with multiple run control requests, each request will report the cumulative number of rows processed which is not the accurate count of how many rows were selected by each request.
The compression log page also shows the wrong row counts.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Project Costing and select the PC Compression Super User Role.
2. Add the role to the user running compression and save.
3. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Project Costing > General Options > Project Compression Template and set up the project compression template.
4. Identify two projects with multiple rows in PROJ_RESOURCE. The first project has 22 rows and the second one has 4 rows.
5. Create a run control for PC_COMPRESS with separate requests for each project.
6. The process selects 22 rows for the first project and 26 for the second one which is incorrect. 4 rows are selected for the second project but the first 22 rows are also included in the count.
The compression log also shows the cumulative number of rows.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document