EAM: Wrong Accumulated Depreciation is Reported After the Second Partial Retirement if Transaction Date of the 2nd Retirement is Prior to Transaction Date of the 1st Retirement
(Doc ID 2716214.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Depreciation calculation process calculated wrong accumulated depreciation after second partial retirement of an asset.
1. Create asset with 2 quantity, transaction date 28/02/2018 and life 60 periods:
a. Convention: FM
b. Cost: 5698.69
c. Life: 60
d. Method SL
e. Quantity: 2
2. Calculate Depreciation.
3. 1st Retirement - Retire asset as Abandonment with quantity 1 and transaction date 15/11/2022.
4. Calculate Depreciation.
5. Review Depreciation - RET line shows the negative amount of Depr.
6. 2nd Retirement - Retire asset as Abandonment with quantity 1 and transaction date 26/06/2018.
7. Calculate Depreciation.
8. Review Depreciation - wrong accumulated depreciation is calculated after 2nd RET.
Note: the Accumulated depreciation has to be 189.96 after 2nd RET instead of 2326.97
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document