Unable To Change Inventory Item To Non Inventory Item When It Is Linked To A Contract With Two Versions
(Doc ID 2716794.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new contract version for a non inventory item then closing that second version, Getting errors on the Item type Error page when trying to change the item from non-inventory to inventory item
Error on item type error page:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enable contract Versions (Setup Financials > Product Related > Procurement Options > Purchasing > Set Controls Contracts)
- Find any existing or enter a new Contract with an item that is Non-Inventory and make sure it's approved.
- Enter an Epro Req for the Non-Inventory Item
- Approve Req
- Source Req to PO
- Go to Contract and create a version 2 and approve version 2.
- Close PO and override the close criteria
- Go to the contract and close version 2
- Go to the Item and try to change it to an Inventory Item
- Get Item Type error that the item is on a procurement contract. The system is looking at Version 1 even though Version 2 is closed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document