EAM9.2: On Asset Retirement/Reinstatement Page Combo Edit For Future dated Retirement and Reinstatement Not Working As Expected
(Doc ID 2717834.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Combo Edit For Retirement and reinstatement Doesn't work for future dated Transactions on Asset Retirement/Reinstatement Page.
If combo rules are effective on a future date and an asset which is created before the combo rule was implemented is being retired/reinstated after the combo effective date then combo edit validations do not happen.
It's expected that Combo edit validations should happen on Retirement/Reinstatement transactions as they happen for future dates cost addition, adjustment , transfer or retirement using disposal worksheet etc.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Set up combo editing effective 07/15/2020 with validation Logic: For FA Account 151000, department field should not be blank. [FA account 151000 is used in accounting template for RET]
2. Try adding a new asset with Dept ID blank on 07/14/2020 and also on 07/15/2020 to test if combo edit works fine or Not.
3. Attempt to retire the asset which was added on 07/14/2020 with Transaction date + Accounting date on 07/15/2020 which is after combo effective date. Perform this transaction on current system date prior to 07/15/2020.
4. Calculate depreciation and run accounting entry process.
5. Reinstate the retired asset retired in step 3 with Transaction date + Accounting date on 07/16/2020 which is after combo effective date. Perform this transaction on current system date prior to 07/15/2020.
6. Submit the asset for retirement again from disposal worksheet with Transaction date + Accounting date on 07/17/2020 which is after combo effective date. Perform this transaction on current system date prior to 07/15/2020.
7. Approve the asset disposal request till last level, find out the interface id and run transaction loader AMIF1000 process
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document