ECA: CA_LOAD_GL1 (Process Fixed Amount Revenue) Process Is Creating Accounting Entries in CA_ACCTG_LINE Table with Incorrect GL_DISTRIB_STATUS of 'H'. The GL_DISTRIB_STATUS Should Be 'N'.
(Doc ID 2720790.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CA_LOAD_GL1 process is creating accounting entries in CA_ACCTG_LINE table with incorrect GL_DISTRIB_STATUS of 'H'. The GL_DISTRIB_STATUS should be 'N'.
- Create a Contract for example in Business Unit - 'AUS01' with contract currency AUD.
- Add an amount based contract line with contract liability flag off.
- Do amount allocation, Add billing amount as 2,344.00.
- Associate Milestone Bill Plan and Milestone Revenue Plan.
- For Revenue Plan, add 2 events. One with amount 70.65 and make it ready and another with 2,273.35.
- Add Accounting Distribution as follows.
59.88210404 - GL BU is 'AUS01'
19.61747795 - GL BU is 'US001' <<< Notice the change of BU. This uses USD currency
5.49982085 - GL BU is 'AUS01'
15.00059716 - GL BU is 'AUS01'
7. Activate the contract.
8. Run CA_LOAD_GL1 process.
9. The GL_DISTRIB_STATUS for the lines created will have a status of 'H' instead of 'N' in CA_ACCTG_LINE table. This is causing the Journals not getting created when Journal Generator is run.
Sometimes the same amounts and configuration works and rows are created with correct GL_DISTRIB_STATUS (when the CA_LOAD_GL1 processes more contracts than just the referred contract). There is inconsistency in how the data gets generated based on what the CA_LOAD_GL1 is processing.
- Create a new contract or select an existing contract.
- Click on Revenue Plan Link.
- Create two events: Positive Amount of 356924.23, Negative amount of -4218.84. Total of the events is (352705.39).
- Go to General information page and click on Lines Tab. Click on Details tab and then click to Distribution Link.
- Divide the REV distribution into 6 lines via percentage as follows: 100%, 100%, -14%, -1%, -51%, -34%.
- Check CA_AP_SCHEDULE table for event 1 and then for event 2. Total amount distributed in REV and UAR is not coming as zero:
a. For event 1 (Negative Amount line: -4218.84) total amount for REV and UAR should be zero but while totaling it, the amount is coming as -0.01;
b. For event 2 (Positive Amount line: 356924.23) total amount for REV and UAR should be zero but while totaling it, the amount is coming as 0.01.
7. Put the first revenue event to Ready and save.
8. Run CA_LOAD_GL1 process. PS_CA_ACCTG_LINE shows that accounting entry is not balanced.
9. Check the journal in GL. It appears in error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document