HRESP:Max Bonus Amount is Incorrectly calculated in FT Setup Data ESP page
(Doc ID 2726012.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue in Administer Training > Define Course/Cost Details > FT Session Data ESP (Training Costs Page).
Analysis has shown that if user creates a new EFFDT, e.g. 01/01/2019 in Set Up HCM > Product Related > Enterprise Learning > FT Setup Data ESP", he/she cannot enter amounts for "2 - Long Distance" method type in Maximun Bonus Amount page.
This is happening since it was deprecated it in effdt 01/01/2016 (which is correct legally).
However, Function CalculateCosts(), used in TRN_T_SESN_DAT_ESP.GBL.DERIVED_HR_ESP.CALCULATE_BTN.FieldChange, is selecting by key from record TRN_T_BONS_ESP, which needs TRN_T_MODALITY_ESP values: "1 - Presential", "2 - Long Distance" and "3 - Tele-training". CalculateCosts() won't find a row for TRN_T_MODALITY_ESP "2" and won't continue for other values.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Go to FT Actions and Groups ESP and create a Training Action: Course K004 / Session 0074
2. Change Session Status to "Complete" (Course K004 / Session 0074)
3. Then go to FT Session Data ESP and:
- Select K004 for Training Action
- Select 0074 for Training Group
- Set FT Status to "4 - Finished not reported".
Training cost page will appear
4. Go to Training Costs, enter "5000" in Direct Costs and click on Calculate. The right Max Bonus Amount will appear. The results are correct
5. Change "Average Bonus by worker" in FT Setup Data ESP, so create a new EFFDT
6. Notice an invalid value appears in Maximum Bonus Amount page due to a standard Inactive EFFDT 01/01/2016 for value 2 of field TRN_T_MODALITY_ESP. Delete that row, and Save
7. Go back to "FT Session Data ESP" and click on Calculate again, seeing that Max Bonus Amount now is wrongly calculated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document