No Replenishment Request is Created for an Item by the 'Replenishment Options' Process (IN_REPLEN_AE) When Stock is Below Reorder Point Value
(Doc ID 2728641.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
No Replenishment Request is created for an Item by the 'Replenishment Options' Process (IN_REPLEN_AE) when stock is below Reorder Point value, and already received Purchase Orders (POs) remain open for receiving.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Create item and associate it with Inventory Business Unit: Items > Define Items and Attributes > Define Business Unit Items
2. Add Business Unit to Setup Replenishment. Reorder Point Replenishment and Fixed Bin Replenishment Options checked. Reorder Point =10, Reorder Quantity=100
3. Run Replenishment request process
4. Load Requisitions process. Results a Requisition.
5. Create Purchase Order from this requisition in Purchasing and dispatch it.
6. Go to Add/Update Receipt (Interface Receipt checked) and create Receipt for the PO, so that it gets received in Inventory. Status is Moved to Destination.
7. Search in Review Transaction History for the Putaway transaction, nothing here for the test item, then go to Correct Staged Errors. Fill in Storage Location, save, then run Complete Putaway. Now Putaway transaction is visible in Review Transaction History page.
8. Stock received in Inventory - in Item Balance by Unit, Quantity On Hand is raised to 100. Check Item/Product Availability.
9. In Fulfill Stock Orders > Stock Requests> Express Issue, create a Material Stock Request, add details and click deplete on hand quantity link – status change to depleted.
10. In Item Balance by Unit, the Quantity On Hand is reduced by 100, to 0. Also check Item/ Product Availability.
11. Rerun Replenishment ('Replenishment Options' process (in_replen_ae) (navigation: Inventory, Replenish Inventory, Create Replenishment Requests)). Since the stock is below 10 as per the replenishment parameter – there must be a new replenishment for 100 EA, which is not seen.
Run the following SQL to see if there is an open PO. The PO that was received and putaway is still found as Open PO, which prevents replenishment.
SELECT H.PO_ID, H.VENDOR_SETID, H.VENDOR_ID, H.VNDR_LOC, L.UNIT_OF_MEASURE, SUM(D.QTY_PO) FROM PS_PO_LINE_DISTRIB D, PS_PO_LINE L, PS_PO_HDR H WHERE D.BUSINESS_UNIT_IN = 'US010' AND D.DISTRIB_LN_STATUS <> 'X' AND L.BUSINESS_UNIT = D.BUSINESS_UNIT AND L.PO_ID = D.PO_ID AND L.LINE_NBR = D.LINE_NBR AND L.INV_ITEM_ID = 'TESTD' AND H.BUSINESS_UNIT = L.BUSINESS_UNIT AND H.PO_ID = L.PO_ID AND H.PO_STATUS <> 'X' AND H.PO_STATUS <> 'C' GROUP BY H.PO_ID, H.VENDOR_SETID, H.VENDOR_ID, H.VNDR_LOC, L.UNIT_OF_MEASURE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document