HECS Deferral Incorrectly Posts When Partial Payments Are Applied to Charges
(Doc ID 2729497.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying all changes for the 2020 Australian Legislated enhancement, tuition calculation is doubling the amount of the HECS deferral when a student has made a partial payment toward HECS charges before the census date, and another partial payment toward HECS charges after the census date. The deferral is applying to all HECS charges, regardless if the HECS charge was paid by the payment made prior to census data. The payment made before census is being moved to excess instead of the payment made after census. The personal payment made after census remains applied to the HECS charge.
Each subsequent tuition calculation increases the deferral amount applied to charges paid by the payment made prior to census.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Post Student Transaction;
2. Post a partial personal payment to a student account before the census date;
3. Post another partial personal payment to the student account after the census date;
4. Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Tuition Calculation;
5. Select the student;
6. Calculate tuition for the term in question.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document