EAP WTHD20: Form 1099-NEC Copy B Not Being Generated -- 1099 Suppliers With Withholding Type 1099N Printing on Form 1099-MISC Copy B Instead
(Doc ID 2730448.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer went through the 1099 2020 setup document to update their Withholding Setup and ran the Sample SQL scripts to update their Supplier Withholdings and Withholding Transactions.
Has Suppliers setup with the Withholding Type of 1099N and Class 01.
Withholding Vouchers were created for the 1099-NEC Suppliers.
Ran the 1099 Job. Even though the 1099 Job completed successfully, the Report of APX1099N - APX1099N.pdf (Form 1099-NEC) was missing from the Report Manager.
When checking the 1099-MISC Copy B's, noticed that the 1099-NEC Suppliers where showing up, which was incorrect. Also noticed that the Fiscal Year was 2019 even though the Withholding 1099 Report Job Run Control ID page had the Fiscal Year of 2020 specified. In addition, Box 7 had the label of "Nonemployee compensation" instead of "Payer made direct sales of $5,000 or more of consumer products to a buyer (recipient) for resale".
1. Verify that the Withholding Setup, Supplier Withholdings and Withholding Transactions have been updated with the new 1099 2020 setup for Withholding Type = 1099M and 1099N
2. Create 1099 Vouchers for Withholding Suppliers that are setup with Withholding Type of 1099N and Class 01
3. Pay the Vouchers
4. Run Payment Posting
5. Run Post Withholdings
6. Run the 1099 Job for Fiscal Year = 2020
7. Check the Report Manager
8. Report APX1099CT - APX1099CT.pdf is missing
9. Check the Form 1099-MISC Copy B's
10. Notice that the 1099-NEC Suppliers are showing up. In addition, the Fiscal Year shows 2020 and Box 7 has the label of "Nonemployee compensation" instead of "Payer made direct sales of $5,000 or more of consumer products to a buyer (recipient) for resale"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document