EPY: Unique Constraint on INSERT-PAY-EARNS Error
(Doc ID 2731015.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An employee that has had 2 bi-weekly hourly payrolls in a row, is receiving a unique constraint calculation error. The employee has multiple jobs employee and the FLSA is recalculating for both empl_rcds for a prior period on one of the empl_rcd's payline instead of on their individual paylines. The error seems to be happening on the 2nd day of processing the Time and Labor entries to an existing addl nbr with the following error:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Installation Table has the checkbox checked on to load time and labor entries on Preliminary Calc run
2. Company Table has single check feature checked on
3. Create a Bi-Weekly Pay Group has the confirmation required and partial checked on for Hourly employees, FLSA 7 days indicated as well as page 4, and has the paysheet sequence set to "Dept and Employee"
4. Create pay calendars
5. Enroll the employee into Time and Labor as punch time employees
6. Enter the punch time for the first pay period for record 0 that has Monday to Friday for both weeks as 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
7. Enter the elapsed time for bonus as $100.00 for one day in both weeks and submit
8. Enter the punch time for record 1 for both Saturdays as 8:00 am to 4:00 pm for regular time. The elapsed time you can enter 2 hours of overtime and $100 for bonus on both Saturdays as well. Submit.
9. Run the Time Administration process to pick up both employee records
10. Run the Time and Labor Load
11. Run the payroll calculation and confirm the overtime hours are going to the correct employee records and the 3rd page is generated to consolidate both pages into one.
12. Run confirm
13. Go back to timesheet and enter a prior period for bonus for employee record 0 and enter the current pay period hours for the two weeks. Submit
14. Run the Time and Administration and run the load time and labor process
15. Run the Payroll calculation and you will notice that the overtime hours for employee record 1 is being associated to record 0
16. Go back to the time sheet and enter 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. to regular for 1 day each week for record 1.
17. Run the payroll calculation in preliminary calculation so the hours are loaded and it will then generate the 805 error in the payroll calculation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document