Fluid Delegation Not Assigning Temporary Approval Role To Delegate
(Doc ID 2731612.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to use Fluid Delegation, we are unable to get the temporary approval role assigned to the delegate.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Define two users. User1 in this example, is the original approver and has the EODL_User, EODL_Administrator, and Requisition Approver (YYY_EPRO_APPROVER) roles. User2 in this example, only has the EODL_User role. No user has the temporary delegate role defined in the Requisition delegate transaction definition, XXX_EPRO_APPROVER_DLG.
2) Log in as User1. Create a requisition approval delegation request for User2.
3) Log in as User2, and accept the delegation request.
4) Note that User2, does NOT have the temporary delegation role XXX_EPRO_APPROVER_DLG defined on the delegation transaction for requisition.
5) Create a requisition that requires approval by User1. Note both User1 and User2 show up in approver list.
6) Click the link from the approval email and log in as User2. Note the error and the URL:
7) The URL takes you to the non-fluid approval page. This is expected as the system redirects approvers to the fluid approval pages. The delegate does NOT have the original approver role so does not have access to either the classic approval page or the fluid approval page. Fluid delegation also did not give the delegate the temporary role, which would have given the user access.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document