EPY: Incorrect Retro Payments For Same Period On Old & New Pay Group
(Doc ID 2733328.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect retro payments for the same period on the old and new pay group.
The employee was transferred from one pay group to another pay group on the same day that is entered prior to the current pay period. The Pay Calculation program inserts a paysheet for the new pay group with all related Add Pay records and keeps the paysheet from the old pay group and sets all payments to "zero". The paysheet from the old pay group will be confirmed even though the net pay is "zero" because there could be arrears created from deductions specific to the Pay Group.
When a retro event includes the pay period above, it calculates retro amounts both on the old pay group’s “zero” paysheet even the old pay group is not active and on the new pay group’s paysheet for the same period which doubles the retro calculations. This will cause incorrect retro payments.
The retro program calculated earning code "063" - Education Allowance retro amount for both the old pay group’s zero paycheck even though the old pay group was no longer active in the period 2020/01/09 to 2020/01/22 and also the new pay group’s paycheck which caused the earning code "063" to double for the Education Allowance retro calculations.
The issue can be solved if the Retro Pay Program can be changed to prevent such a calculation on paysheet for inactive / old pay groups.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Employee was in Pay Group "TV1" on 11/04/2019
2. Confirm payrolls in 2020 for Pay Group "TV1"
3. Create paysheets that brings in the employee for Pay Group "TV1" for the current pay period
4. Transfer employee to new Pay Group "TR1" in JOB on the same day of 11/04/2019 using effective sequence 1
5. Run payroll calculation that brings in the new paysheet for Pay Group "TR1" in the current pay period.
6. Verify that paycheck for Pay Group "TV1" is zero and the paycheck for Pay Group "TR1" is calculated with an amount.
7. Confirm the paycheck
8. Go to additional pay and enroll the employee in an earning code with a flat amount of $200.00 prior to the confirmed check that has both Pay Group "TR1" and "TV1"
9. Verify the retro was triggered
10. Run the retro pay calculation and verify in RETROPAY_EARNS that the flat amount is being generated for both Pay Group "TR1" and "TV1"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document