Courses Without Instructor Assigned Not Always Showing "Staff" In Class Search Instructor Field
(Doc ID 2735023.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Courses without an instructor assigned should show Staff in the Instructor column on the Class Search results page. However, the page display has become inconsistent, depending upon the Instructor "Print" flag on the Schedule of Classes Meeting page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps
- Navigate to Main Menu > Curriculum management > schedule of classes > schedule new course.
- Set up two sections of a subject for term xxx and do not assign an instructor to either section.
- In meeting tab, check print flag.
- Navigate to Self Service > Class Search.
- Search for this subject in one of the sessions. Notice that Staff appears in the Instructor column for each section.
- For the instructor on the Schedule of Classes and Section 01, uncheck print flag (which should have previously been set to print as the default) and save.
- Search for the class in Self Service > Class Search. Notice that both sections still read Staff.
- Toggle the Print flag back on and then perform the class search again, and the section will now show a blank instructor field rather than showing Staff.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document