EPC: PC_PRICING - When the "To Cur" Field Is Used on the Rate Sets, Target 'BIL' Rows Generated Are Having Incorrect Resource Amount and Foreign Amount Values. BIL Rows Generated Are Using System Market Rate Instead of Source Transaction User-Defined Rate
(Doc ID 2738068.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the "To Cur" field is used on the rate sets, target 'BIL' rows generated are having incorrect resource amount and foreign amount values. BIL rows generated are using system market rate instead of the source transaction rate user-defined rate. The functionality was working in PUM 26. The issue is observed after upgrading from PUM 26 to PUM 36
- Project Costing Integration Installation Options has the Pricing/Funds Distribution - Date Option as "Acct Dt" and PC Business Unit set up has the Incoming Transaction Rate Type of "Source" and PC Bu currency is 'USD'
- Create a rate set to generate a BIL row from the 'GLE' analysis type. Make sure the target has the "TO CUR" field populated as say 'USD'.
- Create a Contract. Associate a new project/activity using the contract terms page. Associate the rate set that was created in step 1.
- Create a journal. The journal is using a Currency code value of 'CAD'. Populate the Amount as $1000 and the Base Amount as $300. This will automatically calculate the exchange rate of 3.33333. This is like a user-defined rate.
- Edit and Post the Journal.
- Run PC_GL_TO_PC.
- Notice that the BIL row will have a value of $733.33/USD for both the Resource amount/Currency and Foreign_Amount/Foreign_Currency (possible market-rate conversion). The expectation is to see the resource and foreign amount values as $300/ USD
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document